Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DAW Standoff, and a couple of FREE TOYS!

Pursuing an electronic music interest?  You'll need a workstation that fits your needs.  This post will list some of the popular Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) available.  Later this week, I'll begin my investigation of each program, their pros and cons, and perhaps find famous musicians who currently rely on a particular DAW.

In no hierarchical order:


Ableton Live: http://www.ableton.com/


Acid Music Studio: http://tinyurl.com/d888bk


Throughout the next couple of weeks, I will seek out musicians, trying to get their first-hand knowledge about their product of choice.  

Meanwhile, I have noticed that there are some online applications that offer a fun introduction in music creation.

Here are a couple:

For an interactive google homepage:  Moog 78th Birthday Google

Tone Matrix: Play the boxes in any order or fashion.  
Soon, you'll find that anyone can create music:   Tone Matrix


2 comments:

  1. Very informative. I think most of those web programs and the programs for the DAW can be used not just for electronic music but for all kinds of music. Of course I haven't used all of the programs listed above so I may be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alejandro. I want to tell you that I have your link on my blog. Please let me know if it is okay with you. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete